Quite a few more bugfixes and improvementsPosted on November 5th, 2010 by admin
We have been busy lately, fixing and improving things all around. Among other things, the following features have now been added:
- Uploads can now be moved between galleries
- YouTube-like ratings, including a dynamic display of rating history and detail for 3 last ratings
- Reporting inappropriate uploads and copying an arbitrary upload to your own upload
- Filenames can be edited
- Facebook "like" is possible directly from upload detail or gallery detail
- Consecutive auto-filenames (myfile-1.jpg, myfile-2.jpg, ...) are possible for bulk upload
- A bug where directories for newly registered users were sometimes not created
- Last gallery upload now immediately has correct description, thumbnail, and link
- Audio uploads now function inline everywhere immediately after uploading
- Video formats that ffmpeg can't handle now get a generic "video file" thumbnail
- After last upload is saved from main page, automatic redirect to it
- Firefox UploadIt! add-on can now handle not only .jpg but also other image types
- Very long descriptions are now properly abbreviated everywhere
If you notice any more issues or have more feature suggestions, please use either the contact form or the feedback tab on the right. We'll typically respond within a few hours.
UploadIt! pluginPosted on October 4th, 2010 by admin
We just recently created a convenient little Firefox add-on for Upl.co called UploadIt. It adds an option to the right-click context menu on any image you see in the browser to upload it directly to your base Upl.co gallery.
Which you can then of course post-process and share just like any other upload of yours.
You don't even need to register - it works for anonymous users just as well!
You can download and install it easily from the Mozilla add-on website.
Fixed numerous issuesPosted on October 1st, 2010 by admin
Fixed quite a few little bugs and glitches here and there in the past few days. Saving galleries now works correctly for all kinds of files, including audio and video. Sorting galleries with drag+drop is now also possible for inline audio. Changing gallery layout does not forget the gallery order anymore.
Latest uploads are now displayed more intelligently. Thumbnails for uploads and galleries in the profile area are updated automatically after edits. And a good deal more.
If you see anything else that doesn't work as expected, or have an idea of a cool new feature - just write us!